Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Superman Takes Flight (AKA Gavin Starts Preschool) 9/8/2008

My "baby" boy started preschool on Monday. Happy Birthday to me, send that "baby" to school. He did great. No tears...better than me (but I did make it to the car first!). He went in, found his hook, looked around the room and took off he play. He only told us bye because we went to him and kind of made him. I took the day off so I could be there for this big day. We took lots of pictures before school and I was even able to get a few there, as they were still at recess when we returned.

After school we pick him up and he says "Yes" when asked if he had fun, but then it was like pulling teeth to get anymore input.

Me: What was your favorite part?
Him: The cookies
Me: What did you do?
Him: Umm...we just did boring stuff!

I did eventually get more out of him. They ate snack, they played with toys, they had recess.Once I got into his backpack I discovered they had read "The Kissing Hand." We have that book so we pulled it out and read it. He seemed to like the story and we have had "Kissing Hands" the rest of the week.

Day two the report was pretty much the same...more boring stuff. I did get lots of information out of him when I threatened no tv or Transformers toys. Gesh, is he 16 already?
Day three, today, he was a little more open. They did writing and painting and cutting and talking and they read "Clifford." I think they must have done some informal assessments today from what he shared with me.

I think, overall, he likes it. I think he will like it even more when he's made some friends. He tells me he has some now, but he doesn't know their names.


WATCH THE VIDEO:


View this montage created at One True Media
Gavin's 1st Day of Preschool

No comments: