Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Drama and A Fever

Let's start with my Drama Queen...GAVIN!
We had soccer tonight and truely my child is the one that every coach dreads having. He sat and cried because he didn't get to use his ball in the practice, because he didn't get to make a goal, because he got knocked down, because the grass was green (Ok, not really, but I am unsure what some of the tears were for.)??? We did this a lot in the spring, but I was hoping the fall would be better. The coach kinda just looked at him like "What the heck is your problem?" I think, in all honestly, it all comes down to being tired. He's not getting a good nap at the sitters and many mornings he's up before 6A, even when he doesn't have to be. I need to check in with his teacher and see if he's giving her the "Drama." I know everyone thinks I am crazy when I say bedtime here is 7P, but that truely is the time I start him heading to bed, so that by 8 my prayer is that he has collapsed. I get up at 4:30A and it's not unusual for that to wake him. Poor kid. He is one of those statistics, I fear, childhood sleep deprivation.

As for the girl baby...I think she's sick. The sitter called me on the way home from school with a heads up. She had a fever of 101 there, but it was down to 99 tonight. Maybe teething? She's a little pukey and not eating great. I guess we shall see what tonight and tomorrow bring. Matt is keeping her home with him all day, regardless. I hate to not stay home with her, but I trust he can take care of things and if she really needs me I will come home once my school kids go home (at 11:00A).

No comments: