Monday, September 15, 2008

Soccer...Playhouse Disney and other various "stuff."


Where did the weekend go? Sadly, I am saying that after my third long weekend in a row. I love being home w/ the little people (Matt too).

Saturday was Gavin's first soccer game. Yes, they did play! It was WET. I think the kids were so shocked that their parents were "forcing" them to play in the rain they really didn't know what to do. However, the game was short (less than 30 minutes) and Gavin did get a goal. Maya LOVED being in the rain, but she was the only dry one in the bunch. I had her in the snuggly, under a waterproof blanket and under my umbrella. She liked the water dripping on her hands and would suck it off. It was quiet cute.

Maw, my mom, came up in the rain to see the game. Grandma and Grandpa K. had weekend plans and while they planned on coming we encouraged them to enjoy their weekend and NOT come sit in the rain. Really, we didn't ever think they would play the game, but....

Sunday we went to church. This was my first weekend back in the nursery since Maya was born. There were a whole new batch of toddlers and some of my VERY favorites have moved on to the preschool room, but overall it was fun. We had planned on going to Saturday night's service, so I could go to a service, but Gavin asked if we could just stay home. He was tired and he LOVES the teachers in the AM, so we agreed.

Sunday afternoon we went with April, Cole and Owen to see Playhouse Disney Live. We have been to MANY kids shows and while this one was cute it was NOT among my favorites. That was a little disappointing, as Playhouse Disney was one of our very favorite things when we went to Disneyland in April 2007. I think Gavin liked it, but I think he was like me, he didn't love it. Maya could have cared less. I thought she would be interested in the bright colors and music (She LOVED Mamma Mia when we went to see it at the movies! She NEVER slept and watched and laughed the entire show!), however she slept, talked to me a little, ate, slept a little more.

Can't wait to get home and hear how week two of preschool is going for Gavin.

No comments: