Friday, September 12, 2008

Another new "friend."


Today consisted of a trip to the local elementary school for day two of speech class for Gavin. I think he likes it, however he has no real clue why we are going. He thinks he just gets to go talk and play with the nice lady.

We went to the mall tonight. I had a coupon to use at Macy's and also one for Lane Bryant. Did well at both stores. However, that said, I am annoyed with Macy's and don't know how often I will be frequenting that establishment. Thanks for the great coupons, but gee... can you please show me something that I CAN use it on??? Oh-well. Also, managed to snag two pair of nice pants for work for under $12 (total) at Sears. The real reason for our trip was to eat supper w/ my wonderful friend Alana. We ended up at Red Robin. We were able to chat and Gavin enjoyed a cartoon on a close by TV. Usually I don't like him zoning out with a tv during a meal out, but today it was perfect! ;o) Maya played with her shoes the whole meal! After eating we headed to Build a Bear workshop. Gavin had money burning a hole in his pocket and I had a $5 off coupon. We were a perfect pair. He picked a koala bear that he's been eyeing for months. He named him Bindi (I have no idea why. He's never seen that show w/ the little girl or much about Steve Irwin.). With the coupon our little bear was only $7, so he had enough money that he could get a Batman t-shirt for the little guy (with a $.91 loan).

Bindi and Gavin are currently snuggled up in bed. It's the start of a beautiful friendship, I think.

Speaking of bed, Miss Maya went to bed without me rocking/holding her until she went to sleep. Yippie (Yet a little sad... I like the night time snuggle!). She is rolled as close to being on her belly asleep as she can, if only she could get that rolling over thing. I have tried getting her to her back to sleep a couple of times tonight. I think it's a losing battle and I don't want to wake her up!

Tomorrow is the first soccer game for the fall season! Should be fun!

No comments: