Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Update 10/20/08

Thank you to all of your for your prayers, questions, etc...
I know I have been REALLY bad about keeping you up to date on things.

Here is a brief update. Dad is home and getting OT, PT, Speech and home health care services.
Mom has taken a leave of absence from work and is unsure when she will go back. Dad is feeling stronger and looking better. He's up 7 lbs. from when he went into the hospital!

I went down on Thursday to go to two doctors appts. with them. The highlight of the day was that they finally capped his trach. and dad was able to talk within a few hours of that. I think that alone was enough to lift his spirits. He told Mom and me that you don't realize how much you take talking for granted until you can't. He will do chemo again on 10/27 and has two doctor's appts. this week. Radiation will start sometime after that. The dr. did feel that there have been some changes, for the better, with the feel of the tumor.

My mom did come up on Sat. for Gavin's soccer game. My brother, Matt, hung out with dad for a few hours. It was probably good for mom and dad to have a break from each other! ;o)

Will share more when there's more to share. Just keep them in your prayers.

No comments: