Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dad Update

My dad... he is hanging in there. They started chemo last week. Between that, the feeding tube and the trach; this week is really kicking his butt. They had been WAY over doing the feeding tube and it’s making him very very sick. My mom has been battling with the dr. all week over how much is enough/too much. I understand the dr. concern, but my dad hasn’t eaten much in years, they can’t expect he’s going to tolerate tons of “food” just because he needs to and they want him to. Today they are putting in a port for additional chemo treatments. My mom is also talking to social services today about home health care (against her better judgment, but at the urging of my brothers and me). I didn’t go down last weekend. He doesn’t feel like seeing anyone, my mom didn’t want to leave him and the kids can’t be around him immediately after chemo. I felt really guilty for not going, but what the heck was I supposed to do? Mom just sent a text that he will be going home on Friday.

No comments: